Applications Now Open!
Farmers 2 Founders are now taking applications for both their Ideas Program and Bootcamp Program – both designed for producers who are keen to take the next steps on their venture creation or business growth journey.
Ideas Program – have an idea for a new app, implementation, or value-add food product? Not sure how to get started? The Ideas Program is designed for producers who are eager to pursue a new business idea but aren’t sure how to get it off the ground.
See what Penny Schulz and Jo Williams achieved in our 2019 Ideas Program to learn more about how F2F can help.
Bootcamp Program – a 3 month business support program designed for producer-led businesses with existing customers/users that want to expand and reach more customers, but need support to do so.
We’re Back In Business and Ready To Perform!
Louise Winton Sings is back and ready to perform at your next event.
After uniting over 29,000+ Australians online during Covid-19, we are excited to get back on stage! Check out our range of performance services!
For pricing and a package perfectly tailored for you, please contact us on social media or at firstname.lastname@example.org
#singer #music #bettertogether #musician #songwriter #love #artist #song #singersongwriter #singing #cover #sing #livemusic #like #concert #rock #producer #follow #live #newmusic #pop #art #weddings #bar #chill #bhfyp
June BIEDO Burst out now!
This month we’ve turned Burst yellow to take part in the Ray of Sunshine South Burnett initiative, and it’s jam-packed full of resources and updates from the BIEDO Office including:
💻 New program announced – Red Earth Conversation Series, presented in partnership with Red Earth Community Foundation. First session this Thursday 4June at 5pm via Zoom, register for free here ➡️ biedo.org.au/events
📷 Thank you to Denise Keelan Photography for the beautiful ‘Jacaranda’s over Wooroolin’ shot which is this month’s feature photograph, selected from the 2019 BIEDO Best Shots Competition.
Kingsley Grove Estate is re-opening following COVID 19
Just to let you know, Kingsley Grove is set to reopen following a few months in isolation. Open from Saturday 23 June 2020.
Hours will remain the same 10am – 5pm, 7 days a week. Food will be served on weekends only at this stage from 11am – 4pm.
Wine tastings can be conducted, however these need to be seated and with food. Therefore we have added a small charge to the tastings which is redeemable with purchase.
Bookings are essential at www.kingsleygrove.com/bookings. Food bookings do have the option to add a wine tasting which will be at no cost.
Caravan sites are now also available. These are still free of charge. Bookings are essential.
As restrictions ease, please keep up to date on how this affects Kingsley Grove by following their Facebook page (www.facebook.com/kingsleygrove) or our website.
Any questions, please feel free to contact Jo or Simon on 0414 230 128 or 4162 2229 respectively.
Regional Water Coordinator – Part-time position available
The Wide Bay Burnett Regional Organisation of Councils Inc is seeking expressions of interest from a suitably qualified person to work 3 days per week to work with the WBBROC Water Alliance, Councils and Government agencies to manage Water Alliance projects and help develop a regional position on water.
The successful applicant will need to have a current Queensland Driver’s licence and have the appropriate skills, including:
- Extensive knowledge and experience of regional local government.
- Experience and background in water and waste-water matters
- Good project management skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 22 June, and should be clearly addressed to:
WBBROC Executive Officer
Paint Sales Representative, Crowies Paints Kingaroy
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing an existing customer base whilst developing and converting new growth opportunities in the South Burnett area.
The sales representative position is responsible for managing the daily activities including but not limited to;
- servicing customers
- building and growing relationships with key customers
- actively seeking new customers and sales to deliver revenue and business growth
- resource planning and rostering
- managing trade accounts
- coordinating stock orders and deliveries
- workplace health and safety
- providing visible leadership within the existing team.
A proven history of achieving sales growth whilst controlling operational expenses and/or strong technical knowledge of architectural, automotive or industrial paint systems will be highly regarded.
This job may suit an experienced painter and decorator looking for a change.
Salary & How to apply
Remuneration will be negotiated to attract the right person. Applications close Monday 15th June 2020.
To apply for this role, send your application through SEEK detailing your skills and experience, or email email@example.com
nbn helping to support small and medium Australian businesses
To help Australians respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, nbn is providing up to $50 million to assist phone and internet providers to support small and medium businesses.
Designed to support small and medium businesses in financial hardship, this funding will help phone and internet providers keep customers connected in these difficult times. Participating phone and internet providers will establish their own offers in relation to nbn’s financial hardship support offer.
nbn is also supporting phone and internet providers to assist small and medium businesses with discounted access to new connections of specified wholesale business grade products, to help them to maintain or re-establish their businesses, once this crisis passes.
Queensland Small Business Month continues with BIEDO!
As we move into the second half of Queensland Small Business Month, we hope that you can join us for one of our upcoming online events, including our next Breakky with BIEDO this Wednesday 20th May from 7-8am via Zoom.
We’ll be joined by Queensland Small Business Champion Maree Adshead and Maria Karatzis from the Department of Employment, Small Business & Training to chat about:
- Support and resources available through Business QLD
- QLD Small Business Month news
- Business Assistance Finder
- Mentoring Support and more…
Bring your own cuppa and join us at 7am on Wednesday by following this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/94986127289
Later in the month, we’ll also be hosting our first virtual Women in Ag (WAg’s) Day with guest speaker Joy McClymont from Off The Track Training. This event is also free and we invite all women in the Burnett Inland to join us from 2-3:30pm. RSVPs are essential, please register here to receive the link to join: https://www.biedo.org.au/events
Don’t forget to check out the designated COVID-19 Business Resources page on the BIEDO website which is updated regularly: https://www.biedo.org.au/handup-covid19
Keeping your workplace safe, clean and healthy during COVID-19
Put in place a plan to respond to COVID-19 and to any directives issued by Queensland Health. This should include infection prevention and control policies and procedures, safe systems of work, how workers and their HSRs will be consulted and how you will monitor and update your plan as public health information changes. Consult with workers on the plan and display it clearly in the workplace. Consultation with workers, andwhere applicable their representative, is required at each step of the risk management process.
Implement measures to keep workers safe and stop the spread of COVID-19:
- Work from home where possible.
- Implement and promote high order controls to complement hygiene practices (e.g. social distancing such as work from home where possible, create separate walkways through worksites, limit numbers of people in lunch or crib rooms or install barriers and screens).
- Implement good hygiene practices including hand hygiene and workplace cleaning. Employers must provide sufficient cleaning and disinfection supplies and equipment, or engage a suitable cleaning service.
- Use personal protective equipment (PPE) when necessary and in accordance with the relevant state and national guidelines.
- Consider industry specific advice for higher risk workplaces or industries where the health of workers or people at the workplace are at higher risk (e.g. residential aged care, healthcare and correctional facilities).
- Manage psycho-social risks for workers.
- Communicate, train and supervise workers on workplace measures to address COVID-19.
Report and notify cases of COVID-19.If there is a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 infection at your workplace, Queensland Health will be notified by the medical professional who confirms the diagnosis and the relevant testing laboratory.
Stage 1 of Queensland’s Road Map for easing of restrictions
For businesses reopening or expanding services in Stage 1 (commencing midnight 15 May 2020), it is important to ensure your actions follow Queensland Health advice. Key documents for review include:
- Queensland Road Map to easing restrictions and COVID-19 Safe Checklists can be found online. There is a specific checklist for dining in such as at Restaurants, Cafes, Pubs, Clubs, RSL clubs and Hotels.
- If you have questions, please review the Q&As This page is updated regularly with new questions and answers and is a good first point of call if you are seeking clarification.
- If you still have questions or wish to understand how the easing of restrictions applies specifically to the operation of your business, you are encouraged to lodge a question via the Queensland Health website. Business operations are most likely to relate to Non-Essential Business, Activity and Undertaking Closure Direction