Applications Now Open!
Farmers 2 Founders are now taking applications for both their Ideas Program and Bootcamp Program – both designed for producers who are keen to take the next steps on their venture creation or business growth journey.
Ideas Program – have an idea for a new app, implementation, or value-add food product? Not sure how to get started? The Ideas Program is designed for producers who are eager to pursue a new business idea but aren’t sure how to get it off the ground.
See what Penny Schulz and Jo Williams achieved in our 2019 Ideas Program to learn more about how F2F can help.
Bootcamp Program – a 3 month business support program designed for producer-led businesses with existing customers/users that want to expand and reach more customers, but need support to do so.
Queensland Small Business Month continues with BIEDO!
As we move into the second half of Queensland Small Business Month, we hope that you can join us for one of our upcoming online events, including our next Breakky with BIEDO this Wednesday 20th May from 7-8am via Zoom.
We’ll be joined by Queensland Small Business Champion Maree Adshead and Maria Karatzis from the Department of Employment, Small Business & Training to chat about:
- Support and resources available through Business QLD
- QLD Small Business Month news
- Business Assistance Finder
- Mentoring Support and more…
Bring your own cuppa and join us at 7am on Wednesday by following this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/94986127289
Later in the month, we’ll also be hosting our first virtual Women in Ag (WAg’s) Day with guest speaker Joy McClymont from Off The Track Training. This event is also free and we invite all women in the Burnett Inland to join us from 2-3:30pm. RSVPs are essential, please register here to receive the link to join: https://www.biedo.org.au/events
Don’t forget to check out the designated COVID-19 Business Resources page on the BIEDO website which is updated regularly: https://www.biedo.org.au/handup-covid19
BIEDO Keeps Connected with Burnett Inland Business
Three fast updates from Team BIEDO:
- “Breakky with BIEDO”: BIEDO is hosting weekly informal networking and information sharing sessions via Zoom for businesses across the South Burnett and North Burnett regions during the ongoing COVID-19 situation. Whether you’re based in town or on farm, you’re invited to join us at 7am this Wednesday 22 April! It’s free to join, pop the kettle on and follow this link! https://zoom.us/j/94986127289
- First online Ag Network Meeting: Our Ag Network meetings are moving online! Join us this Wednesday 22 April from 12-1pm and hear updates from DAF, QRIDA, BMRG, Monto Veterinary Services and guest speaker Josh Gadischke from Proteco Oils. All welcom & free to join – register here and receive the Zoom link via e-mail: biedo.org.au/events
- COVID-19 Business Resources: A range of links & information for businesses including JobKeeper and stimulus support, government fact sheets, WHS info and more – updated regularly! biedo.org.au/handup-covid19
Supporting Agriculture – Continuity planning & managing supply chain disruption
Do you work in Agribusiness?
Are you doing something ‘a little different’ within your business?
Agvention will be held on Friday 25 October and will have over 50 exhibitors attending, including Australia’s first mobile abattoir. Showcasing innovation, invention and ideas – AgVention, a field day like no-other powered by the Food and Agribusiness Network in collaboration with BOS RURAL SUPPLIES.
AgVention reflects a passion for regenerative agriculture and the technology that can support its broad scale adoption. The event will feature displays including virtual fencing, remote monitoring, irrigation controllers, inbuilt inverter solar pumps and non-chemical parasite control products and a brand-new USDA certified organic herbicide that has the potential to replace current defoliant chemicals which has not been seen in the Australian market. Hear from guest speakers and take part in discussions on the future of food, renewable energy developments and other thought provoking topics.
For more information, visit https://agvention.com.au/