📢 Attention South Burnett Tourism Businesses
Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program – Round 2
The Queensland Government is extending the Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program. As part of Stage 2 of Queensland’s Economic Recovery Strategy – Unite and Recover for Queensland Jobs, up to $100 million is being made available to deliver a second round of grants, with half of this funding specifically earmarked for regional small businesses located outside of South East Queensland.
Round 2 will open on 1 July 2020.
June BIEDO Burst out now!
This month we’ve turned Burst yellow to take part in the Ray of Sunshine South Burnett initiative, and it’s jam-packed full of resources and updates from the BIEDO Office including:
💻 New program announced – Red Earth Conversation Series, presented in partnership with Red Earth Community Foundation. First session this Thursday 4June at 5pm via Zoom, register for free here ➡️ biedo.org.au/events
📷 Thank you to Denise Keelan Photography for the beautiful ‘Jacaranda’s over Wooroolin’ shot which is this month’s feature photograph, selected from the 2019 BIEDO Best Shots Competition.
Queensland Small Business Month continues with BIEDO!
As we move into the second half of Queensland Small Business Month, we hope that you can join us for one of our upcoming online events, including our next Breakky with BIEDO this Wednesday 20th May from 7-8am via Zoom.
We’ll be joined by Queensland Small Business Champion Maree Adshead and Maria Karatzis from the Department of Employment, Small Business & Training to chat about:
- Support and resources available through Business QLD
- QLD Small Business Month news
- Business Assistance Finder
- Mentoring Support and more…
Bring your own cuppa and join us at 7am on Wednesday by following this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/94986127289
Later in the month, we’ll also be hosting our first virtual Women in Ag (WAg’s) Day with guest speaker Joy McClymont from Off The Track Training. This event is also free and we invite all women in the Burnett Inland to join us from 2-3:30pm. RSVPs are essential, please register here to receive the link to join: https://www.biedo.org.au/events
Don’t forget to check out the designated COVID-19 Business Resources page on the BIEDO website which is updated regularly: https://www.biedo.org.au/handup-covid19
BIEDO Keeps Connected with Burnett Inland Business
Three fast updates from Team BIEDO:
- “Breakky with BIEDO”: BIEDO is hosting weekly informal networking and information sharing sessions via Zoom for businesses across the South Burnett and North Burnett regions during the ongoing COVID-19 situation. Whether you’re based in town or on farm, you’re invited to join us at 7am this Wednesday 22 April! It’s free to join, pop the kettle on and follow this link! https://zoom.us/j/94986127289
- First online Ag Network Meeting: Our Ag Network meetings are moving online! Join us this Wednesday 22 April from 12-1pm and hear updates from DAF, QRIDA, BMRG, Monto Veterinary Services and guest speaker Josh Gadischke from Proteco Oils. All welcom & free to join – register here and receive the Zoom link via e-mail: biedo.org.au/events
- COVID-19 Business Resources: A range of links & information for businesses including JobKeeper and stimulus support, government fact sheets, WHS info and more – updated regularly! biedo.org.au/handup-covid19
COVID-19 Series: State and Federal Government resources available for business
CCIQ webinar: ‘COVID-19 series: State and Federal Government resources available for business’ – recorded on Tuesday 24 March 2020, with Jack Baxter from CCIQ and guest Minister for Employment and Small Business Shannon Fentiman.
COVID-19 Jobs Support Loan scheme application checklist
QLD Rural and Industry Development Authority has released an easy-to-use checklist for businesses applying for the Queensland Government’s $500M COVID-19 Jobs Support Loan scheme. Following these simple steps will ensure that businesses provide the essential documents needed to help their applications be processed sooner. Watch the video here: https://buff.ly/2IYtBGQ.
Support for businesses impacted by novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
The Queensland and Australian Governments are providing a range of measures to support small businesses and employees, including apprentices and trainees, to manage the impacts of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak.
A range of Queensland Government support is available for impacted small and medium businesses including mentoring sessions, financial workshops, small business hotline (1300 654 687), industry support and payroll tax relief. To find out more visit the Business Queensland website.
The Australian Government is supporting businesses to manage cash flow challenges and retain employees during the coronavirus health crisis. A range of assistance is available to support business investment, assist cash flow, keep employees including apprentices and trainees in jobs, and assist severely affected regions. Find out more about coronavirus business support available from the Australian Government.