Julie and Jen proudly refer to JJ’s kitchen as their passion and their future, however they both also work for local South Burnett businesses. They have five (5) children, all still at home and they enjoy gardening, travelling and reading when their busy schedules allow.
Julie & Jen love doing business in the South Burnett. “I love the collaboration between businesses, sharing of knowledge, and the varied consumer demographic across the region which helps shape our business” Julie said. “The interactions with customers are always positive, interesting and unique”.
“To date our biggest achievement would have to be our fantastic (organic) business growth over the past year, combined with the ability to utilise great local products (Bunya nuts, peanuts, honey etc.) in many of our recipes”, Jen said. “A mixture of continual hard work and drive, support from community and other organisations got us where we are today, along with a pure love of and passion for creating top quality products”.
Julie and Jen’s advice to other women in business is to listen and learn from others and their experiences, surround yourself with positive people and be brave (and smart) in your business strides.
Keep up to date with JJ’s Kitchens activity by following:
Economic Development Officer - Business South Burnett
A region rich in collaborative and sophisticated businesses, fostering innovation for a prosperous South Burnett.
People in Business, People Working together, People making it better.
Business South Burnett is the Business Growth component of the Economic Development branch of Council.
Our Mission is to foster collaboration within the South Burnett Business community, stimulate the further development and capacity of South
Burnett Businesses and engage and collaborate with South Burnett Business Development Groups.
• Expose business to opportunities for learning
• Create programs supporting business development
• Deliver new information relevant to business
• Collaboration with Regional and Town based Business Development Groups
• Sharing of positive South Burnett businesses stories to increase business confidence and promote the region
• Celebrate high achieving businesses
• Provide pathways for market readiness
• Support South Burnett Directions defined projects and advocacy initiatives